The ASP.NET Team have just released an amazing set of chart controls for Visual Studio 2008, with both Web and Windows versions. In addition, you can download the samples, over 200 of them, just open the project in VS and run it to see how simple it is to use them on a regular ASPX page.
Use the Chart Controls Add-on for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 to add the chart control to your VS 2008 toolbox. Check the documentation for the simple steps required to do this.
Quoting from the new documentation:
"Chart Control for .NET Framework has the following key features:
- Visual Studio design time support.
- 25 distinct chart types.
- 3D support for most chart types
- 3D customization, including perspective, lighting, rotation, border skins, anti-aliasing, transparencies, isometric projections, shadows, and more.
- Unlimited number of chart areas.
- Automatic and manual layout and alignment management.
- Automatic and manual scaling.
- Logarithmic scaling for any base.
- Fully customizable legends.
- Intelligent data label positioning.
- Chart annotations, scale breaks, interlaced strip lines, drill-down charts, tool tips, data labels, and more.
- Zooming and scrolling. (Windows Forms)
- Data binding.
- Data copying, merging, splitting, sorting, searching, grouping, and filtering.
- Data exporting.
- Binary and XML serialization.
- Empty data point handling.
- Unlimited number of data series and data points.
- Support for dates, times, currency, and more.
- More than 50 financial and statistical formulas for data analysis and transformation.
- Real-time chart manipulation.
- Post-paint and pre-paint events.
- Support for AJAX click events.
- State management. (ASP.NET)
- Binary streaming. (ASP.NET)
- Animated frame rate control. (ASP.NET)"